Re: question from amateur, why no demonstration for intersecting lines?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84707] Re: question from amateur, why no demonstration for intersecting lines?
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 04:34:54 -0500 (EST)

"Steve" <Ackms421 at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fm4sbi$bsa$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Hi,
>
> I have begun working with mathematica 6 in order to improve my skills
> with some math concepts. I am taking the GMAT soon, and I'm trying to
> see the equations from all angles.
>
> I've been looking for a demonstration that would allow me to
> interactively see the relationship between two intersecting lines, but
> no such demonstration exists. I am curious about this, since this is a
> rather simple thing. Even a TI-82 will graph multiple lines.

Well, Ijust did a search on WRI demo web site and these came up. Do not know
if it exactly what you want

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/IntersectingLinesInAllPossibleWays/
http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/ReflectingInIntersectingLines/

I have few more basic Mathematica engineering examples here, may be this
will be useful for you
http://www.12000.org/my_notes/mma_matlab_control/index.htm

#50 above shows how to find intersection point of 3 surfaces.

> As I'm sure it is just my unfamiliarity with the program, I am
> wondering if any such template exists or if there is another way to do
> this in the program.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help

Nasser