updating colors in parametricplot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84714] updating colors in parametricplot3D
  • From: "ahallam at iastate.edu" <ahallam at iastate.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 04:38:29 -0500 (EST)

I have a parametric plot where I am simply creating a line in 3-
space.  I will later combine it with a surface.

If v5.2 the following worked well.

surfaceline =   ParametricPlot3D[{x1, x2star, f[x1, x2star],
{RGBColor[0.3`, 0.5`, 0.9`],
     Thickness[0.011`]}}, {x1, -8, 8}, DisplayFunction -> Identity];

This gives a nice thick line on which I can control the color and
thickness to have it show up properly on the surface.

I get the ParametricPlot3D::legacycolfunc: Use ColorFunction to
specify coloring error which has been discussed in earlier posts. But
I cannot see how to use what is shown there to get just on color and
one on which I can control the thickness.

I am basically plotting the points on the surface that satisfy a
linear relationship between x1 and x2.

Any ideas?