Re: *.m files in v6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84730] Re: [mg84708] *.m files in v6
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 22:06:24 -0500 (EST)

I bet that each of those ListPlot expressions except the final one ends
with a semi-colon.

In Mathematica 5.2 that had the effect of suppressing the direct result,
which was displayed as " -Graphics- ".  But with semi-colon or not, each
ListPlot still gave you the side-effect of a displayed graphics.

In Mathematica 6, the graphics IS the direct result of ListPlot (and all
the other graphics-producing functions such as Plot and Graphics).  So
each of those separating semi-colons before the final ListPlot gobbles
up the graphics result.

If you need to keep the separating semi-colons in the package file, just
surround each ListPlot expression with a Print.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305