WinXP & JLink`InstallJava::fail

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84780] WinXP & JLink`InstallJava::fail
  • From: Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 03:46:20 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

Ever since our university installed the horribly slow anti-virus
software McAfee on all our Windows PCs, Mathematica throws the
following error on startup:

JLink`InstallJava::fail: A link to the Java runtime could not be
established.

Is this error going to cause me problems down the road?
If so, any ideas on fixing the problem?

Thanks,
Will Robertson