Simplify/FullSimplify Infinite Loop

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84866] Simplify/FullSimplify Infinite Loop
  • From: Scott <sguthery at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 23:10:24 -0500 (EST)

I have a sum of 5 squared differences of relatively simply rational
polynomials.  When I apply Simplify or FullSimplify to these
puppies ... or to the result of applying Expand first ... they never
terminate ... or at least they didn't terminate after 24 hours of
running.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much.

Cheers, Scott