Sticky Animations Anyone?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84953] Sticky Animations Anyone?
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 04:07:59 -0500 (EST)

When I use the Animate statement I often get 'sticky animations'. The
animation will often randomly stop while it is still in the Play mode.
Clicking on the slider bar will restart the animation but then it may stop
again.  The following is a typical Animate statement that is sticky.

Animate[frame[t], {t, 0., 55, 0.5},
 DisplayAllSteps -> True,
 DefaultDuration -> 10.,
 AnimationRepetitions -> \[Infinity],
 AnimationDirection -> Forward]

The frame[t] plot is quite simple with no involved calculations. And, in
fact, if I decrease the DefaultDuration, say to 5, so the animation runs
faster, then I obtain much less 'stickyness'. But I really don't want the
animation to run too fast.

Does anyone know the cause of this or the right combination of options to
overcome it? I have played with all the Animate options that seem relevant
with no success.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net