Mathematica 6 messes up ArrayPlot PDF export

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84992] Mathematica 6 messes up ArrayPlot PDF export
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 01:53:31 -0500 (EST)

Yet another stupid graphics export bug:

ap = ArrayPlot[RandomInteger[1, {200, 200}],
    ColorFunction -> (If[# > 0, Black, White] &)];

gr = GraphicsRow[{ap, ap}];

Export["gr.pdf", gr]

Open the PDF, zoom in and see how the squares are out of alignment.
They are not aligned on a grid.

Now I know that this can be easily worked around *in this reduced
testcase*, but tracking these bugs down when they show up unexpectedly
in a complex graphic is no fun.

I really hope that these glitches (including the PDF size export bug)
will be fixed in the next version ...

--
Szabolcs