Intersection of parametric curves

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85020] Intersection of parametric curves
  • From: MikeH <mhorvath2161 at juno.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 04:43:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi!

This question is not really related to mathematica, but I could find nowhere else to ask it.

I was wondering if there were free software I could use to calculate the intersections of 3D parametric curves. I mainly need to calculate the intersection of ellipses, but this may expand to other curves in future projects. I also need to know the t-values for each curve where they intersect.

If no such software exists, maybe you could direct me toward algorithms. If they're sufficiently simple, I may be able to write my own small application.