Re: Reading txt files with Digital Image Processing Package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85068] Re: Reading txt files with Digital Image Processing Package
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 05:41:31 -0500 (EST)

GidiL wrote:
> Dear All!
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help you could give me with the
> following.
>
> I have an image from an experiment I carried out. The image itself is
> not in a format with which Mathematica can work. So I have two options
> to save it either as an (x,y,z) ASCII file or a matrix ASCII file.
>
> I am not sure which is the best one to use to read into Mathematica,
> so I tried both. Needless to say, these are both Lists.
>
> Since these are not by default images (such as bitmap, jpeg or tiff),
> Digital Image Processing does not recognise them as images. Hence I
> cannot import them using the ImageRead command, nor are they
> recognized as Image Data. I resorted to simple Import and
> ListDensityPlot commands in order to import the data into Mathematica
> and visualize it.
>
> Now I want to work with these images. I want to be able to use
> LineProfile and LineSelectGUI to choose the lines I want. Is this
> possible? Simply put, how can I make DIP recognize these files as
> Image Data?

I don't have access to DIP, but you could try reading a "normal" (jpeg,
png etc.) image with it, looking at the structure of the data (with
InputForm, FullForm etc.), and putting your own data into the same format.

Also take alook at ImageData in the docs:

http://documents.wolfram.com/applications/digitalimage/UsersGuide/ImageRepresentation/ImageProcessing2.4.html