Re: Mathematica notebooks Windows Desktop Search

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85186] Re: Mathematica notebooks Windows Desktop Search
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 05:43:42 -0500 (EST)

The notebook indexer should work fine with the version of Windows Search which
came with Windows (both XP and Vista).  However, the upgraded version of Windows
Desktop Search 3.0 for Windows XP doesn't work with the indexer due to a minor,
but relevant incompatibility in the interfaces.

We're looking into implementing this for a future release of Mathematica.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group