Re: Ticks question
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg90181] Re: Ticks question
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 07:02:22 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Aaron Fude wrote: > Hi, > > Can't figure out: how does one ask for a certain number of tick marks > without knowing what the range of the x-axis is as in ParametricPlot? > > For example, I want 4 tick marks. > > On a related note, suppose I want no tick marks but instead want to > only see an indication of the range shown. How do I accomplish that? > Perhaps it could be accomplished by having a single tick mark? > Check the "more info" section on the doc page of Ticks. The Ticks option can take a function. Mathematica will pass the range to the function and the function should return a tick specification.