Re: Problem with parametric minimization
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg90243] Re: [mg90186] Problem with parametric minimization
- From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 06:11:28 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: hanlonr at cox.net
Use multiply or space to have your expression represent what you intended. Minimize[a*x^2 + b*x + c, x] Bob Hanlon ---- Stephan Heckmueller <stephan.heckmueller at gmx.net> wrote: ============= Hello, I have a problem with with the examples for using the Minimize function given in the documentation on wolfram.com: When trying: Minimize[ax^2+bx+c,x] I receive the following error: Minimize::objv: The objective function c+bx+ax^2 contains a nonconstant expression c independent of variables (x). Is there something wrong with the command or the documentation? Thanks.