Re: Weird Problem with Plot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90248] Re: Weird Problem with Plot3D
  • From: Steve Gray <stevebg at roadrunner.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 06:12:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 06:51:56 +0000 (UTC), Aaron Fude
<aaronfude at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a complicated function that I am plotting and I am encountering
>a weird problem. When I plot a function by itself, it looks OK, but in
>combination with another (f(x, y)=100) it shows defects around z=0.
>The full code is below.
>
>Thanks!

I ran this and the only thing wrong I see (in the second plot) is some
white specks and other defects around z=0. The severity depends on the
viewing angle. They don't interfere with interpretation but I can see
how you wouldn't want those defects in a printed report. I saw
something like this in my own plots months ago but I can't recall what
I was doing.

Steve Gray