Re: Question about diference between Animate and Manipulate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90456] Re: Question about diference between Animate and Manipulate
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 06:33:20 -0400 (EDT)

Well, they have a different appearance and a different set of options.
Nevertheless Manipulate can usually substitute for Animate.

While we are on the subject of Animate, I wonder if anyone else has problems
with 'sticky' Animates? That is, ones that stop after a certain amount of
time, even though the AnimationRepetitions has a default value of Infinity.
If one clicks the Pause/Play control they will usually start and run for a
while and then stop again. For example, this happens for me with the second
example in the Animate Help.

Animate[ArrayPlot[CellularAutomaton[n, {{1}, 0}, {40, All}]], {n, 0,
  255, 1}]

Also, would it be possible to obtain an animation that ran in a particular
way without any controls at all? Now, Animate has a minimun mandatory set of
controls.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net