Re: FindMinimum

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg90565] Re: FindMinimum
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 15:48:05 -0400 (EDT)

You could us the double underline (_ _ instead of _ but without an extra
space) to indicate one or more arguments. For example:

f[x__?NumberQ] will accept one or more numbers as arguments.

And you could use

g[{x__}] to indicate a List with one or more elements.

You could use Apply (@@) to apply a function without a list to an indefinite
list of arguments.

f@@{x1, x2, ...} gives f[x1, x2,...]

And if you define a function as f[x__] then internally you can use {x} to
get the arguments back into a list.

David Park
djmpark at

news:g59tvj$ost$1 at