Re: Re: What does FullForm[ ] actually do?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90560] Re: [mg90546] Re: What does FullForm[ ] actually do?
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at att.net>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 15:47:08 -0400 (EDT)

Precisely the same situation applies to ANY function f (in place of
FullForm) unless f has attribute HoldFirst or HoldAll. Arguments are
evaluated before f takes action.

Documentation can't be expected to mention this prominently for EVERY such
function, so why should it for FullForm in particular?

Bobby

DrMajorBob at longhorns.com