import FortranForm back

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90595] import FortranForm back
  • From: jyan.stat at gmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 06:17:08 -0400 (EDT)

I have a file saved in FortranForm from some previous work. Now I'd
like to read it back in and continue working on it. For example,

foo := Table[a i, {i, 1, 4}]
Export["foo", FortranForm[foo], "Table"]
Import["foo", "Table"]
foo

Note that the last two lines are not the same. How can I recover foo
from Import? Thanks in advance.