Re: Wacky Font Substitution in .eps Export

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90601] Re: [mg90584] Wacky Font Substitution in .eps Export
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 06:18:16 -0400 (EDT)

It's still working in a math environment, regardless of what the font is, and so
uses the mathematical versions of the characters where appropriate.  The
font-switching behavior is controlled by the "OperatorSubstitution" option.

Show@Graphics[{Text[
    TextCell[
     Style["abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890\n\
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ!
      PrivateFontOptions -> {"OperatorSubstitution" -> False}]], {0,
     0}, TextStyle -> {FontFamily -> "Times"}]}]

You could also set this globally if you prefer to use the base font over
Mathematica's substitutions everywhere.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com