Re: Using manipulate with PlotDensities

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90674] Re: Using manipulate with PlotDensities
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 04:04:19 -0400 (EDT)

Galaxywalker wrote:

> I use the plot : PlotDensities[data,  model, estimate], now I like to

*PlotDensities[]* is not a standard built-in function and it does not
belong to the standard add-ons. So the question is, "What is
PlotDensities[] and where can one find it?

> use the Mathematica functions Manipulate.
> The first try is:
> (data, model and estimate are pdfs and const. distribution)
>
> Manipulate[
>  PlotDensities[data, model, estimate],
>  {{\[Mu], 0, "mean (\[Mu])"}, -1, 1,
>   Appearance -> "Labeled"}, {{\[Sigma], 1, " (\[Sigma])"}, 0.5, 2,
>   Appearance -> "Labeled"}]
>
> The problem is, that I cant use parameter like mu and Sigma to control
> the functions.

<snip>

Does the functions/expressions model and estimate explicitly depends on
the variables mu and sigma?

Regards,
- Jean-Marc

P.S. Is the PlotDensities[] function you use the same as the one one can
find in Luke Froeb's "ML" package?

 From the author's website;

     Maximum Likelihood Estimation Software

         * ML is a Mathematica 3.0 notebook and package.  This is a set
           of maximum likelihood estimation routines with a collection
           of examples, including a multivariate logit with changing
           choice set..

http://www2.owen.vanderbilt.edu/luke.froeb/software/Default.htm