Re: export eps

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90735] Re: export eps
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 03:56:38 -0400 (EDT)

There is a big difference between using SaveAs a .pdf file say, and Printing
to the Adobe PDF printer with an up-to-date Adobe Acrobat!  When I do
Jens-Peer's first example:

ContourPlot[Sin[x*y], {x, -Pi, Pi}, {y, -Pi, Pi}]

using the Print to Adobe PDF printer, with Adobe Acrobat 8, I obtain a file
that is 49 KB in size.

The Mathematica SaveAs .pdf command produces huge files of very poor
quality. For example, for another test I did with a small notebook, the
SaveAs command produced a pdf file of 1,762 KB (and very poor quality)
compared to 85 KB for the Print to Adobe PDF command.

I don't know why that is.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net