Re: Inheriting options - is there a way?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg90747] Re: Inheriting options - is there a way?
- From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 06:38:41 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Is there a way to define a function so that it will inherit all the options -
> or a spcified subset of the options - of some other function - either another user defined function or a built-in Mathematica function - without explicity having to define all the optoins that are inherited?
The following will make f inherit all options of Plot and the default
values that are set at the time this is executed:
One could try to use SetDelayed (:=) so that the defaults for f's
options reflect the current settings of Plot, but this works only until
one does a SetOptions[f,...]. To make the behaviour more consistent in
that case would require some extra work...
Prev by Date:
Re: how to read such kind of list?
Next by Date:
Text search within a documentation page?
Previous by thread:
Inheriting options - is there a way?
Next by thread:
Threading over matrices