Re: How to introduce a Functional with the results with Solve command?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg89279] Re: How to introduce a Functional with the results with Solve command?
- From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 06:45:08 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
You are much more likely to obtain an actual working answer if you post an actual working example. What is sol2? What is urm? -- David Park djmpark at comcast.net http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/ "Kaibin Fu" <kaibinfu at gmail.com> wrote in message news:g22tpq$il1$1 at smc.vnet.net... >I get the expression of urm which is a function of rom. > > sol3=Solve[sol2 == 0, urm]; > sol4[rom_] = sol3[][][]; > Because rom is a function of x1, I want to take the derivative of the > following functional with respect of x1. > sol5[x1_]=3*rom -sol4[rom] > How should I do it? > If convenient, please send an email to > kaibinfu at gmail.com > thanks. >