Re: Log(ln) Function + 2 Parameters + Greater

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89297] Re: Log(ln) Function + 2 Parameters + Greater
  • From: Felipe Mannshardt <vexie.infamous at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 05:37:27 -0400 (EDT)

dh wrote:
> Hi Felipe,
>
> why are you not simply using an If[] statement:
>
> If[a>0, Plot[...]]
>
> hope this helps, Daniel
>

> Felipe Mannshardt wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>

>> i am having problem telling Mathematica to:
>

>> First Try,
>

>> Clear[x, f]
>
>> f[x_] := x (a + Log[x])^2
>

>> a > 0
>
>> Plot[f[x], {x, -5, 5}]
>

>> Second Try,
>

>> f[x_] := x (a + Log[x])^2
>

>> Plot[f[x], {x, -5, 5}] /.a-> a>0
>

>> What i want is to tell Mathematica to draw a Graph of f[x] when a>0
>

>> Thanks for the help.

Thanks for all replies, worked for my last function, but the suggestions
you guys made so far did work with my last function, but now i have a
new one, and i am here just playing around and i am unable to get it
drawn :(

First to the first Function, i believe the best suggestion was the use
of "if",

But, i can not get it to work :/

Clear[x, f, a]
f[a_][x_] := x (a + Log[x])^2
If[a > 0, Plot[f[x], {x, 0, 2}]]

And all suggestions also did not work at all for my new Function,

f[a_][x_] := (x/E^(ax));
Plot[Table[f[a, x], {a, 0, 2}], {x, 0, 3}]

What am i doing wrong ?

I have already drawn this function by hand,
and i have two types of function,
for a>0 and a<0

But i can not figure out how to draw it in Mathematica :(

Sorry, that i ask so "noob/dumb" questions, but i have already tried
looking in the help and it did not help me further in this problem, so i
believe the best is asking, right ?

Thanks a Lot.