Re: Notations and Symbols

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89399] Re: Notations and Symbols
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 02:33:13 -0400 (EDT)

Ekta Obheroi wrote:

> I had some code working in Mathematica 5.2 however, its not working
> in 6.0.
>
> THe following worked in 5.2:
>
> Notation[: =E2=9F=B9=
>  Null]
>
> and
>
> Notation[=E2=9F=B6 =E2=9F=B9 Null]
>
> However, these do not work in 6.0. I get the following error:
> "The following input cell could not be processed, possibly due to
> syntax error(s)."

On my system, the expressions you posted are not rendered correctly: I
have got plenty of of =E2 and the like characters. They are not very
readable and make it hard to reproduce the error!

You should use the _InputForm_ when copying an expression from a
Mathematica notebook to an email client: select the cell(s) you want to
include in your email, then within the *Cell* menu select either
*Convert To* or *Display As* and choose *InputForm*. Finally, copy and
paste as usual.

Regards,
-- Jean-Marc