font problem exporting to pdf

The following command:Export["filename.pdf",graphicsstuff] export a
pdf file, but all the Greek letter fonts are messed up. I thought have
all the type1/ttf installed.

Right now I have to export to eps then do epstopdf because pdflatex
won't take postscript. Can anyone make my life a little easier?

--MZ