Re: export pdf font question
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg89631] Re: export pdf font question
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 06:15:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In article <g3039u$mf2$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com> wrote: > > When I use Export["filename.pdf",SomethingIDrew] to export a figure to > > pdf, Mathematica uses Wolfram fonts like Mathematica1 etc. This often > > mess up various things such as pdflatex when I do includegraphics. Does anyone know more about how to set options in Mathematica --- OR in whatever implementation of TeX or pdflatex you may be using --- to include all necessary fonts in the final PDF file. I've worked around a few problems like this in the past by opening the final PDF file in Acrobat with "Use local fonts" enabled; exporting or saving the file in Postscript format; then re-Distilling the Postscript file back into PDF format with Include (or is it Embed?) All Fonts option set. (But, I don't claim to know what I was really doing here.) You might be able to do this with the figure only, before TeXing, or the entire document afterward.