How to get plain text from a notebook?

I formatted some output as Ccode, and it looked like plain C-code.
I then saved the notebook as plain text, but when I went to edit it with vi
the Ccode was a mess like this, in a very simple example:

Format[dbfdw, CForm]
(Format[(((-1)/$CellContext`Cm) $CellContext`gK) ($CellContext`v - \
$CellContext`VK), CForm])

The real plain-text Ccode should be something like

- (gK*(v - VK)/Cm)

Please excuse this beginner's problem.

-- Peter Rowat