Re: Re: Browsing for a Directory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89874] Re: [mg89850] Re: Browsing for a Directory
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 02:49:06 -0400 (EDT)

SystemDialogInput[] is actually the direct replacement for the old
Experimental`FileBrowse[].  FileNameSetter is useful inside of a user interface,
but if you're running a program that's scripting actions rather than allowing
the user to drive the actions, then you'll probably want SystemDialogInput[].

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group