Export PDF plot or Save Selection As -- big troubles with Illustrator
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg89973] Export PDF plot or Save Selection As -- big troubles with Illustrator
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 06:29:50 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
Create a combined Plot/ListPlot in 6 using Show having some lines with their Thickness increased, some points with their PointSize increased. Export plot as PDF or Select either the plot itself or the complete cell and Save As Selection. Open saved file in Acrobat; it looks fine (though document size is not what I want; it's just big enough to enclose the plot, and I'd like letter size). Open same file in Illustrator CS 11.0.0 on Mac (only way I know to change document or artboard size of a PDF file). Plot looks horrible: Line thicknesses are hugely thickened (though axes and frame seem OK); point sizes, oddly, seem OK; text size for tick labelsseems shrunken. Any idea what's happening here??? Seems fair to call this a bug -- somebody's not doing right by the PDF format. But, an Adobe bug or a Wolfram bug?