Re: Ploting integral curves

noxon wrote:

> if anybody can give me some examples of ploting some integral curves, i
> would be very gracious... for example: 4x^2+2yy'=0   ....how can i plot
> that, i've tried everything but there is no curve....

(* First, we write the differential equation with correct Mathematica
syntax. *)

de = 4 x^2 + 2 y[x] y'[x] == 0;

(* Then, we solve it thanks to the DSolve[] function. *)

sols = DSolve[de, y[x], x];

(* Since we have two solutions -- one family of functions below the
x-axis and the other one above the x-axis, we build two expressions to
be plotted. *)

f1 = y[x] /. sols[[1]] /. C[1] -> C1;

f2 = y[x] /. sols[[2]] /. C[1] -> C1;

(* Finally, we plot a sample of the family of functions. *)

Plot[Table[{f1, f2}, {C1, -2, 2}], {x, -3, 2}, ImageSize -> 500,
  PlotStyle -> Thick]

Regards,
-- Jean-Marc