ResetMenusPacket in version 6

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg86282] ResetMenusPacket in version 6
  • From: "Vincent Buonomano" <vincent at>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 02:31:17 -0500 (EST)

Previous to Version 6 I have been using my own Mathematica menus loading
them with the command:

where for example

            myMenus = Menu["my menus",{

This no longer works in Version 6.

However the identical Item command does work if I use it in my own file, which I don't want to do for certain reasons.

I have tried variations of Item formats like using KernelExecute instead of
FrontEndExecute to no avail.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you,

Vincent Buonomano