Re: Methods for plotting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86309] Re: Methods for plotting
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 05:40:40 -0500 (EST)

Your expression is not written in Mathematica. I assume the left hand side
of your equation is meant to be

lhs=Exp[-x]/((x^2 + 1) (y^2 + 2) (z^2 + 1)) +
 Exp[-2 y]/((x^2 + 2) (y^2 + 2) (z^2 + 1)) +
 Exp[-3 z]/((x^2 + 1) (y^2 + 2) (z^2 + 3))

Assuming x,y,z are all real-valued, then each of the 3 terms in this
expression is positive, so lhs can never be zero, so there is no contour
surface lhs==0 for you to plot. An exception is when x,y,z all tend to
+Infinity which makes lhs-->0.

Stephen Luttrell
West Malvern, UK

news:fqqs4b$kgg$1 at smc.vnet.net...