Re: NDSolve Question
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg86351] Re: NDSolve Question
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 05:01:44 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Bergen
- References: <email@example.com>
David Park wrote: > I found the answer, which is to use: > > f[q_?NumberQ]:= ... > > which prevents an initial evaluation. > This should be f[q_?NumericQ] := ... because Pi or Sqrt are not atomic numbers, but they are numerical quantities. Of course if f[q] is *only* used with NDSolve, then it doesn't matter ...