Re: Another Mathematica 6 bug?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg86363] Re: Another Mathematica 6 bug?
- From: Francogrex <franco at grex.org>
- Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 05:04:37 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Mar 8, 11:40=A0am, "Steve Luttrell" <steve at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk> wrote: > ...<snipped>...For some unknown reason I couldn't get this ratio to symbol= ically simplify > to unity. It would be interesting to see how this is done. Thanks. I am also wondering if there is a way to "ask" mathematica to output one or the other form of the expression (in general and especially in this case). But it seems in this case it is by default always choosing the form of the "Hypergeometric2F1". Does anyone know?