Re: Evaluating notebooks from other notebooks

ag wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if it is possible to evaluate a notebook, say
> "xyz.nb" (without loading it in the front end), from another notebook
> (say "root.nb") using some command like:
>
> EvaluateNotebook["xyz.nb", path]
>
> TIA,
> Ashutosh.
> PS: I am using Mathematica 6.0.1.

Further to David Reiss's answer, I would just like to add that this is a
relatively unusual thing to wish to do. Using 6.0, .m files edit nicely
in the frontend, and it is usually more convenient to create a .m file -
xyz.m, and then execute it using Get["xyz.m"]

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk