getting prints at desired scale

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86435] getting prints at desired scale
  • From: Nazdrovje <nazdrovje at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 02:59:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,
I'm trying to print a graphic such that a specific element in the
figure has a given size when printed, but haven't found a satisfactory
solution.

ImageSize scales bitmap exports (but they never seem to print at the
intended size, and I have to correct scale by using a ruler and
calculate a correction factor). None of the vector formats (PDF, EPS,
SVG) seem to have options to fix their printing scale. Suggestions
anyone?