Re: Evaluating notebooks from other notebooks
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg86428] Re: Evaluating notebooks from other notebooks
- From: ag <ashutoshgupta.umd at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 02:58:04 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Mar 10, 3:03 am, David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk> wrote: > ag wrote: > > Hi, > > I was wondering if it is possible to evaluate a notebook, say > > "xyz.nb" (without loading it in the front end), from another notebook > > (say "root.nb") using some command like: > > > EvaluateNotebook["xyz.nb", path] > > > TIA, > > Ashutosh. > > PS: I am using Mathematica 6.0.1. > > Further to David Reiss's answer, I would just like to add that this is a > relatively unusual thing to wish to do. Using 6.0, .m files edit nicely > in the frontend, and it is usually more convenient to create a .m file - > xyz.m, and then execute it using Get["xyz.m"] > > David Baileyhttp://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk The problem with autosave package is that it doesnot load all the contents (comments in particular). I have to convert everything to a code cell (Alt+8) to load all the variables from a .m file. Is there any way around it? -Ashutosh.