Re: How to extract data from an analytical summation equation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86485] Re: How to extract data from an analytical summation equation?
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:14:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi Jinglei,

Questions can be answered better if you give a bit more info.

What you can do is to extract data from the graphics. Assume you are

using CountourPlot like:

g=ContourPlot[x^2+y^2/3==1,{x,-1,1},{y,-1,1}]

now everything you want is in g, but we need to extract it. In this case

you may say:

points=g[[1]]/.GraphicsComplex[pts_,__]->pts ;

ListPlot[points]

this gives you the points of the plot.

hope this helps, Daniel