Re: Path to *.m file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86535] Re: Path to *.m file
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 04:32:53 -0500 (EST)

Carl Woll wrote:

> I'm not sure why this is a `Private` variable, but this information can
> be found from:
>
> System`Private`$InputFileName

This is very useful, and I have checked, and it was there at 5.2, so I
guess it is one of those long-term undocumented features!

However, it would be nice if it (or the subsequent documented feature)
always returned the absolute path-name. As it is, Get["xxx.m"] sets this
variable to ".\\xx.m", which is less convenient, and misleading if the
code in the package has already executed a SetDirectory call.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk