Re: Color Options for PlanarGraphPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86939] Re: Color Options for PlanarGraphPlot
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:14:50 -0500 (EST)

Jens-Peer Kuska wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the ColorOutput option is for B/W or color printers.
> If you prepare a book and want to use pictures generated
> by Mathematica than your publisher is not always happy with
> color images and you need Black/White pictures when the final
> PostScript or PDF is created. For this run of your Mathematica
> input, you should set ColorOutput.
>
> But
> "As of Version 6.0, ColorOutput has been superseded by ColorFunction,
> ColorData and related functions."

I wonder why ColorOutput was removed.  ColorFunction is used /before/
generating the graphic.  ColorOutput could be used to convert to
GrayLevel after it has been generated, making it easy to create several
versions of the graphic without additional software.

But it is true that in v 5.2 ColorOutput -> CMYKColor was far from
precise ...

Just try

Plot3D[Sin[x y], {x, 0, 3}, {y, 0, 3}]
Show[%, ColorOutput -> CMYKColor]