Re: symbolic evaluation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg86981] Re: symbolic evaluation
- From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 03:14:24 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mar 27, 2:16 pm, "news.east.cox.net" <s... at sam.com> wrote: > I'm using Mathematica 5.1 I want to evaluate a simple equation > symbolically, such as 7x = 14. of course the answer should be x = 14/7. > I can't find a clear example on how to do this with a simple equation. > Can anyone help me? > TIA > Paul You mean you want to *solve* the equation, so search for solve in the docs. Also, there is a link called "Equation solving" on the startpage of the doc centre.