Re: Looping in Mathematica Packages.m

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88318] Re: Looping in Mathematica Packages.m
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 06:27:19 -0400 (EDT)

John Ertle Jr. wrote:
> I know mathematica is a one line type software package but is there a way of looping in a Package.m file.  You can use % sign or %%% for 3 lines back but is there a way to go 3 lines back and execute all the successive lines in a Package?

You have to be kidding - Mathematica supports looping in a whole range
of styles - how do you think developers produce serious software with it?

My general advice would be to go on a training course, but try looking
up While, For, Map, MapIndexed, Nest, FixedPoint ..... in the help
system and see what you find.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk