Re: function to check if array is empty

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88317] Re: [mg88313] function to check if array is empty
  • From: "Adriano Pascoletti" <adriano.pascoletti at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 06:27:08 -0400 (EDT)

Will,
a null row is a list of one or more 0's {(0)..} and a null matrix is a list
of one or more null rows {{(0)..}..}, so

In[4]:= MatchQ[X, {{(0) ..} ..}]
Out[4]= True

and

ArrayEmpty=MatchQ[#, {{(0) ..} ..}]&

If you want to match both exact and approximate 0's replace (0).. with
(0|0.)..

Adriano Pascoletti