Re: Manipulate in HelpBrowser: Bug

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88464] Re: Manipulate in HelpBrowser: Bug
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 06:38:20 -0400 (EDT)

There are bugs in the older Help Browser such that dynamic displays often
don't work. (There were worst problems in Version 5.2 with some animations
that were generated by package code.) In Version 6 the result is that
Manipulate and Animate expressions sometimes (but not always) just don't
operate, i.e., the controls don't work.

There are two fixes. One is to copy the output cell from the Help Browser
window into a regular Mathematica notebook. Without any further evaluation
it should then work properly. A second fix is to append CreateDialog@ to the
Manipulate or Animate statement and evaluate. This brings it up in an
outside window and again it will work properly.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/