Re: Request for Collective Wisdom...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg88588] Re: Request for Collective Wisdom...
- From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 03:24:39 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
My tip would be to never make global assignments to 1-letter variables. These can so easily get re-used in other expressions and cause havoc. If you have an expression and you wish to substitute x=7, use: expression /.x->7 David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk