Re: FullForm OK but StandardForm fails
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg88708] Re: FullForm OK but StandardForm fails
- From: Fiona H Evans <fevans at agric.wa.gov.au>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 07:10:42 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
Hi all, Carl Woll advised me to check my use of MakeBoxes and Format. He wrote: "I'm assuming that you are using StandardForm as your default output format, and that: data; doesn't generate any messages, while data does generate messages. If true, this suggests that rendering is a problem. Rendering is controlled by MakeBoxes and Format statements. You could try: ?MakeBoxes and FormatValues /@ symbols where symbols is a list of symbols in data to see whether any formatting statements have been defined. That's about all I can say with the information you've provided." After carefully checking each use of Format in my code, I found a bug in a Module called by one of my Format uses. Thanks Carl!