Plotting a series of piecewise functions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg88905] Plotting a series of piecewise functions
  • From: Claus <clausenator at>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:48:08 -0400 (EDT)

I want to plot a series of functions. Namely I want to plot a series of
2-parametric exponential distribution functions. By series I mean the
graphs for various xo values on one plot.
the function looks like this:

f[lambda_, xo_, x_]:=lambda*Exp[-lambda*(x-xo)]

Now I can plot this (wrongly) with

The problem is that, really, f should be zero for x<xo.
I can plot one graph (for xo=1 and lambda=1) like this:

Now, how could I plot a series of plots (for different xo) on one chart
similarly to the Piecwise approach (can I do it with Piecewise at all,
or do I need an If clause of sorts)?

Thank you for your help,