Re: best book to quickly master all Mathematica functions, and commands

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93256] Re: [mg93198] best book to quickly master all Mathematica functions, and commands
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <cfo at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 05:09:50 -0500 (EST)

Ouch.

  It's not updated for v. 6 (yet -- new edition is due in May 2009), but Ruskeep=C3=A4=C3=A4's _Mathematica_Navigator_ is a great way to work through a lot of the possibilities of the program.

   Incidentally, I reject the premise: there's no way anyone is going to master the system in a month, or probably in several months. Mostly this is due to the richness of the environment and the esotericism of many of the special commands and functions. Partly, it's due to various bugs and inconsistencies, and lack of comprehensive documentation.

   Good luck.

On Friday 31 October 2008 02:04:01 stpatryck wrote:
> Which book out there is the quickest way to master Mathematica in a
> month or so?

========
Curtis Osterhoudt
cfo at remove_this.lanl.and_this.gov