Re: Exporting graphics in PDF with fonts embedded
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg93273] Re: Exporting graphics in PDF with fonts embedded
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 01:55:58 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Bergen
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Simo K Kivelä wrote: > I have made geometric pictures with text in Mathematica 6.0.2/Windows > and exported them in PDF form. The Mathematica fonts are embedded, > but the standard fonts (Times, Helvetica etc.) not. Now the printing > house likes to have the file with all fonts embedded. Is this possible > directly from Mathematica? I cannot help you embed these fonts. I'd just like to not that Helvetica, Times, and Courier are part of the so called Base 14 font set. This means that they must be available to any conforming PDF renderer, and need not be embedded. Perhaps you'll find something by Googling for "embed base 14".