Constructing a Label

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93336] Constructing a Label
  • From: Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus at rath.org>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 06:17:57 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I want to automatically construct labels of the form
"A = <value of A>" for a number of plots.

However, I cannot quite figure out how to generate the above
expression. My first idea was to construct it as a string

label = "A = " <> ToString[A]

but this looks horribly if A is more complicated than just a single
literal. So I assume that I have to "concatenate" the Mathematica
expressions "A = " and A (rather than the stringified A). But how do I
do that? My feeble attempts with

label = RowBox["A", "=", A]

are displayed exactly the way I entered them, i.e. with the literal
"RowBox" printed out.

Thanks in advance,

   -Nikolaus

--
 =C2=BBIt is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
  By definition, there are already enough people to do that.=C2=AB